Оркестровые библиотеки VSL (Vienna Symphonic Library) (1 онлайн

Ruslan25

24 Дек 2019
Проявив неосторожность и попробовав на вкус перкуссию из Epic Orchestra, в находящейся сейчас в разработке композиции, усладился настолько, что приобрёл стандартный пакет SYNCHRON PERCUSSION BUNDLE. Взял не глядя full HARP (имеется уже ото многих представителей, не знаю что за пристрастие у меня к нему).
И в связи с утратой доверия к самому себе, был приобретён SSD 8 Тб (помимо трудящихся уже 3-х самсунговских 2 Тб M.2)
Viena (с некоторыми оговорками) - вещистая вещь!
Ох, пропадаю :)

В очередной раз выражаю благодарность Святославу (@slasta) за оказанную помощь!

Реакции: dr-music и slasta

Ruslan25

24 Дек 2019
либо задача была всё в один корпус кпихнуть любой ценой?
В общем и целом да.
на мой взгляд дороговато за 550мб/сек
Честно говоря мне не принципиально. Усмотрю недостатки, рассмотрю другие варианты.

Ruslan25

24 Дек 2019
VSL сегодня дали отмашку на старт чёрной пятницы до 30 числа сего месяца. Кое-что прикупил.
Благодарю Святослава (@slasta) за помощь и рекомендую обращаться к этому человеку; сколько уже обращался - всё гладко проходит!

V_ad_im

1 Ноя 2006
В свою очередь тоже хочу поблагодарить/порекомендовать Святослава (@slasta), удалось доплатить кучку долларов в BestService, чтобы добавить к имеющимся уже у них венским ваучерам и купить библу. Спасибо!

Реакции: slasta

rustamh

12 Фев 2012
Челябинск
а в чем проблема завести в почта банке карту union pay и спокойно расплачиваться на том же bestservice я так давно уже делаю))

Реакции: zanoga

dr-music

8 Апр 2007
Moscow
Два уточнения по использованию ваучеров VSL (это когда покупаешь три ваучера номиналом 50, 100 или 500 долларов/евро, а получаешь четыре, и потом тратишь). Одно плохое, другое хорошее.

1) Нельзя купить продукт, к примеру, за 145 евро, потратив три ваучера по 50, а остальное «оставить на чай». Компьютер им не позволяет.
2) Можно на ваучеры купить два и более продуктов VSL и попросить зарегистрировать покупки на разные аккаунты. По нынешним временам такая покупка вскладчину может быть удобна хотя бы тем, что меньше денег придётся переводить, доплачивая через посредников.

Оба пункта касаются сайта bestservice.com, где для россиян ваучеры традиционно были на пару децибел дешевле.

P.S. Из-за пункта 1 у меня, кажется, образовался лишний ваучер на 50 евро. Если кому надо, то — в личку.

Последнее редактирование:

dr-music

8 Апр 2007
Moscow
В кои-то веки VSL приоткрывает свои планы, что будет на следующий год. А будет ещё один том Duality Strings — Virtuoso (рикошет, салтандо, глиссандо и тому подобный стафф). Будет новый рояль (небольшой Фазиоли в малом зале). Перкуссия расширится на всякие редкие и фольклорные инструменты. Синхрон дерево дописали, доделывают.

Слушал в пол уха, подробности тут:

basЫl

атрофировал юмор.
5 Янв 2004
Расшифровка
Код:
And may we also need some  adaptions for the Synchron Player?
0:03
I don't know...
0:05
We'll have to experiment?
0:10
Then we won't see a release this year definitely.
0:18
Is this our first conversation for a video Martin? Face to face, I can't remember anymore so long ago
0:26
I guess so, maybe 20 or 23 years ago maybe...
0:31
But it's definitely a first that we want to  talk about things that we're currently developing
0:40
and products, and what you have in  mind, what you're working on
0:44
what the team is working on. So this is definitely a first.
0:47
Yeah, I was always a little afraid to do this because you never know if a product is ready in a certain time frame
0:57
or are there problems which lead to the decision to drop  a product development completely and therefore 
1:04
when a product is done we announce it. This was our mantra the past years and now, yeah, we like to 
1:12
change this a little bit, right?
1:14
Yeah... I mean we talked a lot about improving things, what we can do to help our users better
1:21
and to help them  better create music and also
1:26
we often hear from users that they want to plan ahead and want to know what's coming, and so
1:33
Yeah, as part of the new year we thought let's talk about this!
1:37
Every year I think we have less work to do than the past years
1:42
and when I prepare the plan for  the actual year I'm always baffled now 
1:48
how much we have to do now and this was very transparent  now preparing now for this interview or 
1:54
this conversation. And yeah, I think we should start  with things which are pretty close for a release 
2:02
I think this makes sense. It's just one thing or  maybe two, all the others we really don't know now 
2:08
when we are ready for it to release it, yeah
2:12
And I guess we also should mention that the order of the products that we're talking about is no indication about
2:19
when they are going to be released, in which order.
2:23
I need a little freedom for developing things. Especially when software development is involved
2:30
then you never know now when you are really done.
2:34
First things first... Yeah, the expansions of our  woodwinds, articulation-wise. It's not that big 
2:44
surprise because we have released already for the  Synchron Smart Orchestra some stuff
2:51
for the woodwinds, the named lyrical legato which  is simply a legato where no crossfades between 
2:58
intervals and sustain notes are mapped, they're  all performed by the players. Of course this is
3:05
very exhausting and very demanding and needs a  lot of time because you have to play really long 
3:11
notes for each interval which are loopable and,  yeah, therefore three woodwinds are prepared 
3:20
for this and further we also took the chance  the new developed fast legato technology we 
3:31
realized for the Duality Strings is also done for  these woodwinds, so there will be a lyrical legato patch
3:39
and a new fast legato patch. I don't know  exactly the naming of the patch in the 
3:46
preset, maybe you have...
3:47
Yeah, it's virtuosic legato
3:49
That's a good name! Yeah, and this will come for 
3:54
for flute, oboe and the clarinet and maybe  it's the time to mention that our oboe in the
4:05
in the woodwinds package - Synchron Woodwinds - the second oboe is initially the first oboe. It was just a labeling 
4:12
error and we decided not to correct it after  the release because we just realized it after 
4:17
the release that we mixed it up, to keep the presets of our users intact.
4:24
Nobody should be surprised that the oboe 2 has now the  lyrical legato and the virtuosic legato. 
4:32
But flute 1 and the clarinet 1... Yeah, they are, they are correct.
4:38
Okay, great, what else?
4:42
This is not coming that soon but hopefully also this  year, other woodwinds of course 
4:49
with this new technology. We already have recorded  this stuff for the alto flute, for the English horn,
4:56
for the bass clarinet and for the bassoon.
4:58
More free expansions for Synchron Woodwinds?
5:00
I thought it would be cool to keep it free. The first three definitely, the other ones it's the decision of 
5:07
the marketing. But I'm the good guy. If you want  to ask for money then you are the bad guy.
5:13
I think we keep it for free now the updates.
5:16
I think it would be great, yeah
5:18
The next project I know there will be users who will say "not again"... Yeah, it's a new piano - I'm sorry... and
5:28
there's a little background story because Mick Baumeister a good friend of Paul Kopf had to move to Asia I think and 
5:39
could not take his pianos to Asia and asked for  a good place to store them. Normal storage 
5:46
places are not very good for instruments because  of temperatures and - humidity - humidity yeah 
5:55
and unfortunately I was informed just a few  few weeks after we have ordered our own Fazioli,
6:02
the 308, and it's like, okay, yeah, but we will take it  anyway, even if I know that maybe this piano will 
6:08
go back in a few years. And so we put it in our  storage and our piano guys told me that it's 
6:15
really a wonderful sounding piano and therefore I  thought okay, it's not that big like the 308 
6:22
it's a 212 Fazioli model and I thought it might  be a perfect piano for our Stage B for a dry 
6:32
recording, and therefore we decided, okay, we do now  the second Fazioli in the Stage B.
6:38
I think that's a great match for the large Fazioli, recorded  on Stage A here, just a few meters here behind me,
6:47
and here in this room where we're sitting, Stage B, for the little smaller Fazioli, so it's...   
6:54
I know that a lot of people want a more intimate  sound for a piano and not have everything in that 
7:01
large beautifully sounding room but sometimes it's just too much.
7:05
On the other side the 308 in this room would be a little bit overwhelming I think. So it was the right order.
7:12
It's perfect! What's interesting for people who don't know Mick  Baumeister, maybe he's also known for...
7:19
He's the creator or co-creator of the Hornberg breath  controller, so he's quite an interesting person 
7:27
and great musician and great guy yeah... Okay so, what else is cooking?
7:35
Yeah, one thing I had hoped that I had not to do is new solo strings but I of course read all the forums 
7:48
or a lot of postings there and regularly I hear there the demand, we want all the 
7:55
solo strings recorded at the Synchron Stage and  yeah, and so we decided last year that 
8:01
we start this project. We took the challenge  and did two instruments side by side, a violin 
8:11
and a violoncello. Yeah and I'm afraid because  I know solo strings are very very difficult 
8:19
to do, there are high demands from the  user side, how they should sound and therefore 
8:26
it's of course a lot of work and you have to  sample them completely different compared to 
8:33
string sections. A solo instrument needs  completely different mapping and technology behind 
8:39
it to sound right, and that it's usable. So I did also some research how we should 
8:47
sample it that we get really good solo  string instruments with more reverb. 
8:55
It's easier to do it of course with dry recording but  we already have dry recorded solo strings now.
9:02
And yeah, so this is a a running project. It's not completely recorded at the moment and
9:11
of course we will need several months to edit all  this stuff. What we did care about is the 
9:18
miking, we did a lot of close and mid  miking so that users have a lot of options and 
9:26
choices of the final sound of the instrument.  I think the most important thing, especially 
9:33
when you do solo instruments, that you have  an artist in the stage who really likes to be 
9:40
sampled. It sounds a little absurd maybe  but if you love this kind of challenge 
9:48
then of course you get brilliant results and  therefore it was good to know that we have two 
9:55
musicians who really like to do it.
9:59
Another big project is moving the VI Series instruments to the new...
10:07
well it's not so new anymore, but to the newer Synchron Player.
10:11
So what can we expect here from VI Series instruments that are going to be ported over to the Synchron Player?
10:18
The biggest missing part are of course the brass  instruments and we are definitely working on 
10:25
the conversion to the Synchron Player. Especially  the "timbre adjust" feature we have developed for 
10:32
the Synchron Brass also works of course perfectly  for the Silent Stage recorded brass which will 
10:39
give them more flexibility and more realistic  approach when you program brass phrases
10:45
And, yeah, it's a funny thing because we started  with brass instruments more than 20 years ago.
10:52
It's a different thing if you just use them  for music programming or you go inside the 
11:00
original mapping and look at it what you have  done 20 years ago. So it's a journey into 
11:06
the past a little bit and you get very close  to the material and, yeah, it was good to see 
11:14
and to hear that the quality especially from the  musicians was such on a high level, even in 
11:22
the beginning of our sampling business. So it's also a lot of work of course but it's 
11:31
also a very nice experience to hear them  again in this detailed analysis you have 
11:40
to do when you convert the material.
11:43
So you're really going back to the original recordings and not just take the material that's in the VI Series player.
11:52
No, every patch has to be approved and some things have  to be changed for Synchron Player and of course
12:00
after 20 years there are small things I had to  change a little bit so that the instrument 
12:06
sounds even better. So we don't change the overall  sound of the instruments. It's just that the legato 
12:13
is smother, that the dynamic range is working better  between different articulations, all this stuff.
12:18
You have to adjust a little bit so that the  instruments get simply more playable out of the box.
12:26
We've had great success with Duality  Strings in the last months and of course we have 
12:33
three volumes out now so people are asking, what's coming next?
12:38
Yeah, I'm very happy that the Duality concept works that well. In my opinion it's the best approach we ever developed
12:48
for strings sampling and of course I want  to go ahead and beyond the possibilities 
12:57
we did reach with these products. And  the really nice thing is now we have done all the 
13:06
basic stuff, I would say, which everybody expects  when you release a string library. So now we have 
13:12
the chance to get into more, yeah, new territory at least for us. What I can tell at the moment 
13:20
about the upcoming new volume for the  Duality Strings is that we already have recorded it,
13:29
editing is starting now and the working  title of the product will be Virtuoso
13:37
Duality Virtuoso Strings or Duality Strings Virtuoso - it's up to you, the order of the words. And yeah, and of course the 
13:44
the label is not just a label, it's  the program of the library. So we did really 
13:52
virtuosic stuff with all the sections and  it was also something which the musicians 
13:59
really love to do. It now it was of course more difficult than basic samples. 
14:10
So they could show what they are able to do on the instruments.
14:14
I really will enjoy to present the first mapped stuff hopefully not so far in the future.
14:23
Do you have any hints what's in there, what kind of virtuosic phrases or...
14:29
I don't want to describe the details but there are some labels which are known
14:35
like ricochet, saltando, arpeggios, effect glissandos and this kind of stuff.
14:43
And for all the people who say, okay,  I don't want to buy another volume I have also 
14:49
good news. What we did in these recording sessions  are also some patches to expand the volume 1 
14:57
the Regular Duality Strings volume with new additional recordings which will be
15:05
free or not, you decide - hopefully... hopefully - they will be free!
15:11
I think this will be released parallel with the Virtuoso volume.
15:16
Awesome! Okay, so, yeah, that's Duality Strings. And....
15:21
now to something completely different. I heard something about world percussion...
15:27
Everybody was so happy about the percussion at Synchron Stage. A lot of feedback from users said that the
15:34
stage is really sounding perfectly for percussion  instruments. This was of course one reason to 
15:40
go ahead with new percussion stuff and the other  one is because of our recordings here 
15:46
with clients which love to record with  with our in-house percussion. They always had 
15:54
some demands on more exotic percussion stuff.  For any drums and effect percussion from 
16:02
all over the world which was not part of the percussion we had in-house. I didn't want to 
16:10
rent just the instruments for the recording so  every time we needed a special instrument we 
16:16
decided to buy it. So over the past years we  collected a lot of new percussion instruments and 
16:23
this was the second reason. Yeah, percussion  sounds cool at Synchron Stage and we have a lot 
16:28
of new instruments, so yeah, we said okay, we do  another percussion volume, the World Percussion.
16:34
And what's also important is of course that you  have performers who are familiar playing these 
16:41
instruments. And, yeah, we of course researched  and hired musicians for the client recordings 
16:49
where we use these drums so we did know we have  really good percussion players who can deliver.
16:56
And what was also important for me is that I said  I don't want to make a loop library because 
17:03
they are so fast overused when you have a  couple of loops there and everybody is using them
17:10
but of course these instruments have very  distinct grooves and sounds and I tried to 
17:18
make a a concept where we can deliver this  without recording loops. So we... in the first 
17:26
step we invited the musicians to perform here in  this room, typical phrases on the instruments.
17:33
We recorded them, we also took videos, how they play, to see what we hear, also where do 
17:42
they work on the instruments with which hand  positions and so on, so this was the basis 
17:50
for the concept what we will record. And what  I said to the percussion team, to Andi Olszewski, 
17:57
what I would like to see is that we have  then all the needed single samples which 
18:05
can be then reprogrammed and should be as close  as possible to the originally played phrases and 
18:11
loops the musicians did. So what's also planned  is that we deliver these samples with these 
18:17
MIDI loops and this is then, I think, the  perfect starting point for everybody. That you 
18:24
can alter these loops not only speed-wise  but also if you want to leave out a note or 
18:31
add something which is not there, it's very  easy to adapt it and to get a perfect fit to 
18:38
the score you are working on.
18:40
That sounds great!
18:43
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and to be so open about
18:48
what you're working on and what our team is working on.
18:52
I think it's great for a lot of users who want to  plan ahead and just to know what's in the pipeline 
18:58
and what's... what they can expect. Not exactly in  a given time frame, but in principle. So...
19:08
Thank you so much, I guess I'm looking forward to our  next conversation in a few months.
19:13
In a few months? Oh my God...
19:17
Or maybe next year.
19:19
I really hope we can deliver everything we have talked about in an adequate time frame and, yeah, let's see.
19:28
And we hope for the best! Yeah.
19:31
Okay, thank you!

rusmur

6 Окт 2003
Москва
Всем привет! Друзья, помогите пжл: Synchron Player перестал видеть библиотеки ((
Добавлено:

dr-music

8 Апр 2007
Moscow
У VSL скидка на любые струнные. Но я сейчас тут не ради рекламы промо-акции, а чтобы сохранить на долгую память таблицу со сравнением всех струнных библиотек. Ну, вдруг картинку уберут, когда промо закончится.

Реакции: zanoga и V_ad_im

PsevdoNimB

14 Янв 2020
@dr-music, Вы не могли бы посоветовать минимальный набор библиотек для комфортной работы (где в основном доминируют скрипки)?Т.е. что бы вы сами наверняка купили, если бы не было ничего. Или какие библы чаще всего используете?

dr-music

8 Апр 2007
Moscow
@PsevdoNimB, вот честно, я наихудший советчик из всех возможных. Я почти не пользуюсь библиотеками, по старинке работаю в партитуре. Для меня не радость, а досада быть исполнителем собственных партитур, и ни одна библиотека меня не радует. Делаю только демки для продюсеров/режиссёров (и тут почти без разницы, какая библа), но тоже редко.
Чисто прагматически, и если с нуля, то смотрел бы на Duality String Standard (все выпуски), если бюджет и мощность компьютера позволяли бы. В надежде, что там самый полный из возможных набор штрихов. Но опять же, не меня Вам бы слушать...

Реакции: V_ad_im и PsevdoNimB

Сейчас онлайн (Пользователей: 0, Гостей: 1)