Viper vst (1 онлайн

bjooo!

24 Дек 2009
master output
soundcloud.com
Вайпер плавно и скооро превратиться в совершенно иной синтезатор со скинами и поддержкой импорта вирус пресетов. Но ето пока обсуждения в закрытых комьюнити.
Все это на самом деле давно обсуждается на КВР у всех на виду.
- Поддержка скинов планируется относительно скоро;
- конвертер (не прямой импорт) пресетов Вируса планируется, но в далеком и неопределенном будущем (если таки сделают, ждем посты "я тут чего-то наконвертировал, а оно звучит совсем не так, Вайпер отстой" - т.к. прямое копирование параметров действительно далеко не всегда дает идентичный звук).

adamszabo

7 Янв 2021
Hey Guys, its Adam here. Sorry if I write in English, I dont know the rules but I hope you can make an exception. I used Google translate to read what you are all writing so I might not have understood everything correctly.

So I found this topic about my product Viper and its quite amusing, but I also saw some false information about it, and I felt it was important to clarify a few things that are not true. Its important that we dont mislead people about my work, and we dont spread bullshit. Because as we know, bullshit spreads faster than the Corona virus, and we dont want another pandemic ;).

So Alex Longard, I dont know who he is or why he is attacking me, I dont know what I did to offend him (did I promise that Viper will cure all cancer in the world, and it didnt, so he thinks I lied and now he is mad? I dont know), but he is saying that I am not a programmer, I only connect things in FlowStone like Lego and I dont know how to program and I am not a programmer, and that I am getting help from "Spogg" and he is writing my code for me.

So none of them are true and its time to clear this false information:

1. No, I do not simply connect things in FlowStone. Maybe Alex doesnt know, but you can indeed write your own code in FlowStone, and that is exactly what I have done. I write all my code in assembly, and its even harder than normal programming language, but you can greatly optimize it, thats why Viper uses very little CPU. Its very difficult and time consuming task but its worth it. I made a screenshot of the entire oscillator section below, I started with a blank code box and started writing several thousands of lines of code. So no, I did not just "connect stuff together".

2. Yes, I am a programmer. He doesnt even know me, so how can he state these things? In FlowStone I know Assembly, the DSP code which is like C code, and I know Ruby. In the university I did a lot of Python. I also know PHP, HTML, CSS and some Javascript. So I dont know where he got this information that I am not a programmer. Maybe he thinks that just because I dont know C++ then I am not a programmer? So if I dont know Russian then I am mute and cannot speak? Hmm, strange logic he has.

3. He says that I get help from Spogg and he is writing code for me? I think he might be confusing me with someone else. Usually I am the one helping others on the FlowStone forum. If he means "trogluddite" then yes, its a user I asked to help me with some code because A: he knows some advanced Ruby techniques I havet learned yet, and B: I want to speed up the development of Viper. A lot of people have been wishing for custom skins for Viper, and to be honest I think skins are useless and its a waste of time to do it, but I care about my customers and if thats what they want then fine, I will do it. You have to remember that I am not a huge company like Native Instruments or Steinberg with 20, 30, or even more people working on the same project. I and just 1 single person and I have to do everything myself: coding, testing, analyzing, sound design, graphics, web development, marketing, sending emails, customer support, and a thousand other things. Can you imagine how much work that is? So to speed things up and you shouldnt have to wait so long for the custom skins, I asked someone to help me, so while he works on parts of it I can work on other parts so the process will be twice as fast. Its something thats called "outsourcing" maybe you have heard of such a thing if you are a programmer. I also realized that I am also very interested in that code, and I want to learn it as well, thats why Im asking for help, so I can further improve myself.

So about the future, yes there will be custom skins, it is in the works. There will also be Virus patch import and I already have a very early prototype and it works. If you open Virus C banks they are 99% identical and you almost cant tell the difference. But ofcourse there will always be "experts" whey they hear a 0.00001% difference and they get mad and say that its shit, and I lied, and its not even the same so I can go fu*k myself. I havent been talking about the state of the Virus import because its very early and I have a thousand other things to do, and its far from ready and I dont want people to start writing me stressful messages and begging me to hurry up with it. So please pretend like you didnt even read this part ;) It will be done when its done.

So now that you got some insight of how much work is involved in a project like this, I hope you will show some respect in the future instead of belittling small independent developers.

Take care!
Adam

Последнее редактирование:

adamszabo

7 Янв 2021
I wish I could make it for Mac but I cant. FlowStone can only save it for PC. If one day they allow it to have Mac export then of course it will be available for Mac as well. In the meantime I have been talking with another developer that perhaps we can make some other solution for it to run on Mac with some special wrapper or host, but this will be hard and its for the future.

bjooo!

24 Дек 2009
master output
soundcloud.com
Hi, Adam! It's awesome to see you here, thanks for the clarifications.

If anything, my post about "converted patches don't sound identical, Viper sucks" was meant to be kinda sarcastic, this might have been lost in translation. I remember someone was posting an example with Discovery VSTi and Nordlead playing the same patch (originally made with the Nord and then imported to Discovery). The guy noted that the filter sounded differently in this example (which it indeed did) and said that Disovery sucks because of that. I think I first saw that at Gearslutz and later on KVR.

From my own experience of manually porting Virus TI patches to Viper I remember that sometimes I had to set the filter envelope a bit differently, set the equalizer bands a bit differently and other small things like that, in order to get an actually identical or a closer sound. If the converter will behave the same (which I think it will, because I guess it will just read the parameter settings from a Virus patch and reproduce them in a Viper patch) some of the diehard hardware purists might notice that and make a big thing of that - just because some people still can't admit that a 90 eur plugin can actually replace their beloved 2000 eur HW piece. For other people - those who are actually making music and want more patches for their synths - the converter will of course be an awesome addition.

Btw, i thought it was going to be a standalone converter -but it will actually be an "import" function in Viper itself?

adamszabo

7 Янв 2021
I can do either of them a converter or an import. Import makes more sense but I had some email correspondence with Access, and they said I cannot use the word "Virus" in my synth, so I guess I have to call it "Import .mid Bank" or something. I have done some more precise tweaking in Viper since the last updates, so the parameters are more accurate so you can match them 1:1, but even is some parameter is not the same, the importer can take care of that so if in the Virus a certain control has value 56, then the converter will fix it to be 58 for example, so you get the same sound.

Реакции: Technomax и Vullcan

adamszabo

7 Янв 2021
Well, you wrote this: "Адам не программист, поэтому таскает мышой компоненты в Flowstone" and Google translated it like this: "Adam is not a programmer, so he drags mouse components into Flowstone". So to me that means you think I dont know how to program just because I use FlowStone and I just drag in stock modules and thats how I make my plugins.

Then you wrote this as well: "А я общался с человеком под ником Spook который Адаму помогал с вайпером и подкидывал модули.", and this translated to: "And I talked with a man under the nickname Spook who helped Adam with a wiper and threw modules". And this I thought meant that a user on FlowStone forum named Spogg (thats his name not Spook), is helping me with Viper and he is making modules for me so I am not doing any work myself.

Are these correct? I apologize if I translated them incorrectly, maybe someone can translate it better for me than Google, and maybe there wont be any misunderstanding.

skynet88

20 Май 2009
Космос
Все это на самом деле давно обсуждается на КВР у всех на виду.
- Поддержка скинов планируется относительно скоро;
- конвертер (не прямой импорт) пресетов Вируса планируется, но в далеком и неопределенном будущем (если таки сделают, ждем посты "я тут чего-то наконвертировал, а оно звучит совсем не так, Вайпер отстой" - т.к. прямое копирование параметров действительно далеко не всегда дает идентичный звук).
Кстати да. Конвертер может не давать идентичный результат.

Magnet

Это опять я и мое шоу
3 Июн 2007
очень здорово видеть здесь несколько знакомые лица

• Love
Реакции: skynet88

bjooo!

24 Дек 2009
master output
soundcloud.com
Адам готовит обновление с новыми скинами в стиле Virus Control

А еще появился сторонний банк от Touch The Universe (15 USD), по стилистике в основном эмбиент и немного классический транс и гоа. Симпатично звучит.

stasserov

15 Фев 2017
@adamszabo, hey! I didn't expect you to answer here. I really like your synthesizer. I immediately bought it as I listened. I don't know yet where to apply it, but once I was looking for the sound of a virus. And here such luck, by the sound it is one to one for me. I would like to ask you to do more presets. Thank you and good luck!

fractala

1 Авг 2012
А под mac os вообще когда нибудь планируется вайпер?
ps: синт то круто звучит зараза

anjuni

31 Дек 2010
@anjuni,

На мой взгляд лучше
А тем временем, пока все обсуждают конкурирующий проект, апдейт с импортом банков Вируса

Это все классно конечно ! Ну а теперь пусть попробуют пресеты Доминика Фельдмана попробуют импортировать . Уверен в 90 процентах будет лажа .

Magnet

Это опять я и мое шоу
3 Июн 2007
Фельсманн, конечно
И имелся в виду, очевидно, банк Kamui

когда понимаешь, кто труъ-вирусовод, а кто им прикидывается

Реакции: LexaLexin и skynet88

Сейчас онлайн (Пользователей: 0, Гостей: 1)